- Is Your Organization Concerned
- Energy Conversation
- Clearer Environment
- Compliance with Pollution Control Norms
- conformance to international standards
- International acceptance
What is ISO 14000:
An Environmental Management System provides a framework for managing environmental responsibilities so they become more efficient and more integrated into overall business operations.
Environmental Management Systems are based on standards, which specify a process of achieving continuously improved environmental performance and complying with legislation. Our Consultants offers consultancy for the internationally recognized environmental standard ISO 14001; registration can:
-Remove uncertainty and inconsistency by managing disruption and waste
-Give competitive advantage to avoid international trade barriers
-Help companies stay in compliance with regulatory requirements
-Improve overall performance
Why ISO 14000
* Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance.
* Provides a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet Environmental Management System objectives.
* Increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligations.
* Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations.
* More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources.
* Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders.
* Increase in process yields.
* Less downtime through more careful monitoring and maintenance.
* Improved utilization of by-products.
* Conversion of waste into commercially valuable forms.
* Reduced energy consumption.
* Savings from safer workplace conditions.
* Reduction of costs associated with emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport & disposal.
* Improvements in the product as a result of process changes. Higher quality, more consistent products.
* More efficient resource use.
ISO 14000 Environmental Management Principles
The ISO 14000 series of standards are based on the following principles :-
-An organization should focus on what needs to be done - it should ensure commitment to the environmental management system and define its policy.
-An organization should formulate a plan to fulfill its environmental policy.
-For effective implementation, an organization should develop the capabilities and support mechanisms necessary to achieve its environmental policy, objectives and targets.
-An organization should measure, monitor and evaluate its environmental performance.
-An organization should review and continually improve its environmental management system, with the objective of improving its overall environmental performance.
ISO is a non-governmental organization that forms a bridge between the public and private sectors. On the one hand, many of its member institutes are part of the governmental structure of their countries, or are mandated by their government.more info
Iskandar Malaysia aims to be a sustainable region of international standard. The beacon of new growth, Iskandar Malaysia will spur economic developments that actuate Malaysia's global potential. Recognising the need for sustainable development, social and environmental issues features heavily on its agenda.more info